[X4U] Defrag utility for Tiger

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun May 15 19:12:27 PDT 2005

Kevin Willis said:

>Can some one recommend a good disk defrag utility for Tiger?  I have
>a 120 GB hard drive that I use exclusively for iMovie, and Quick Time
>movies recorded from my TV card.  At first, it would take about 30
>minutes to import a 90-120 minute movie into iMovie, now it takes a
>couple of hours.  I am thinking it is a fragmentation issue.  Any
>thoughts?

There were only two for Panther that I liked: SpeedDisk and iDefrag.  I
don't know if SpeedDisk works with Tiger, certainly Norton Utilities will
not be updated for use with Tiger.

So that leaves iDefrag, which was a disaster when it was first released,
but which, after steady refinement, is now the premier defragmentation
utility for OS X:

http://www.coriolis-systems.com/iDefrag.php

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html