[X4U] Defrag utility for Tiger

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 15 23:55:29 PDT 2005

On May 16, 2005, at 4:12 AM, Randy B.Singer wrote:

> There were only two for Panther that I liked: SpeedDisk and
> iDefrag.  I
> don't know if SpeedDisk works with Tiger, certainly Norton
> Utilities will
> not be updated for use with Tiger.
>
> So that leaves iDefrag, which was a disaster when it was first
> released,
> but which, after steady refinement, is now the premier defragmentation
> utility for OS X:

The real question is do you need to bother with defragmentation? IMO,
no. You might want to simply wipe a format you use for video, as in
the original post, from time to time, but other than that, it will
give you only a tiny performance gain.

Kirk

                       Author of: iPod & iTunes Garage
                      http://www.mcelhearn.com/ipod.html
       Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France