[X4U] Defrag utility for Tiger

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 16 04:38:14 PDT 2005

On May 16, 2005, at 1:35 PM, Steve Martin wrote:

> I guess you didn't read what the original poster said...
>
> " At first, it would take about 30 minutes to import a 90-120
> minute movie into iMovie, now it takes a couple of hours.  I am
> thinking it is a fragmentation issue."
>
> For that type of application, he may very well be right and if it
> cuts a couple of hours to 30 minutes, that would be a significant
> performance gain.

Yes, I did. But that's not a problem due to fragmentation; at worst,
fragmentation would add a few minutes to that time, not "a couple of
hours". There's an easy way to find out: wipe the drive and try again.

Kirk

             Author of: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
       Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France