[X4U] why Tiger?

Peter Sealy pandcsealy at internode.on.net
Wed May 25 19:19:08 PDT 2005

On 26/05/2005, at 8:47 AM, Wayne Clodfelter wrote:

> I am curious as to why there seem to be many X users that, excuse the
> expression, blindly leap into the next incarnation of OS X even if it
> does not appear to be a step forward? Such as Tiger. What exactly is
> it that Tiger is supposed to accomplish as far as moving forward with
> a fast, sleek, secure operating system? I have reviewed the "features"
> offered by Tiger, and I fail to see any significant improvement in
> performance.

snip

There is IMHO a serious discussion going on regarding Spotlight over at
<http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?
128 at 449.UzKIa8KFYk6.518910@.68b04558>.
This is one discussion without the often almost hysterical for and
against rants which genuine questioning of any Apple products or
changes seems to provoke in some discussion forums.

Although primarily directed towards Spotlight, I suggest the basic
sentiments fit with your questioning.

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA