[X4U] why Tiger?

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Wed May 25 21:00:18 PDT 2005

On May 25, 2005, at 11:01 PM, Meg St. Clair wrote:

> Have you actually used Tiger? I find it's much faster than Panther.
> Spotlight is very useful. I've found it works much better than the old
> find. I don't seem to have a problem with it bogging down as I type.
> The way it organizes and displays results works much better for me.
> Widgets are kind of fun but no big thing. I finally feel comfortable
> switching to Mail. It now mostly fits the way I work.
>
> I have found that each successive iteration of OS X has been an
> improvement. I understand that you are asking a genuine question. Let
> me pose one in return. Why do you feel that Tiger may be sub par?

No I have not used or seen Tiger, well except for a few minutes at a
local CompUSA Mac Store.

What made me think Tiger may be sub-par? Nothing really except what I
read on Apple's site. All kinds of added goobers but no real discussion
that I saw that would make me think that Tiger actually outperformed
Panther in operating the system, ie, more powerful finder, faster
finder, faster app launching, faster disk I/O, more efficient memory
management, etc. That's all. I kinda thought if Apple could have said
that, they would have.

Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
wayne at troutnc.com