[X4U] Using external HDD

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Thu May 26 10:07:41 PDT 2005

At 09:10 -0700  on 5/26/05, keithw wrote:

>With all due respect, Neil, if I were dz-jay, I'd get some more
>dialog from whoever wrote the FAQ he quotes, to see why it was not
>recommended.
>May be they DID have a reason...we just don't know what it is.
>After all, it IS their drive.
>If the manufacturer says "No," it's likely there's a reason...I'd
>sure hesitate before throwing caution to the winds!

Yeah . . .the most likely reason is that they don't want you to
bother them with 'how do I do this' support calls.

It's a hard drive . . .and all hard drives pretty much work the same.
It would be like issuing a FAQ that said 'don't change your keyboard
do Dvorak even though the OS supports that.

What's it gonna do . . . break it?