[X4U] Using external HDD

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Fri May 27 16:54:14 PDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 05:52, DZ-Jay wrote:
> Thank you, Alex.  One last thing.  The "FAQ" that came with this
> particular drive, says:
> 	Q. "Can I partition my external drive?"
> 	A. "Not recommended."
> Any particular reason this is so?  My apologies if all my questions
> seem so stupid; I feel like such a n00b asking questions in this forum
> because the Mac environment is so alien to me.  The truth is that I am
> an experienced UNIX/Linux user who's been trapped in Windoze for the
> last few years, so I won't shy away from technical explanations.

For anybody who cares, below is the reply from the manufacturer.  Turns
out they really didn't mean it.

	Cheers!
	dZ.

On May 27, 2005, at 16:47, MicroNet Support wrote:
> [...]

dZ,

No worries!  Just use your OSX Disk Utility and partition away.  We do
not
recommend mixing PC and MAC formats or swapping between those computers
but
partitioning is no problem at all.  That note is for older OS's

Thank you for your inquiry.

Remember to see the Technical Support Info at www.micronet.com/support
and
www.fantomdrives.com/support