[X4U] DeLocalize Your Fonts

Johns Maillist mymaillist at mac.com
Sat May 28 20:24:11 PDT 2005

On May 28, 2005, at 11:19 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

> On 05/28/05, Johns Maillist <mymaillist at mac.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 28, 2005, at 7:55 PM, John Baltutis wrote:
>>

>>> His statement means "he" didn't test it. However, many users,
>>> including
>>> myself (a forum moderator), tested it during the Panther and Tiger
>>> beta-testing period and categorically state that it works. Check
>>> the second link I posted earlier.
>>>

>> Not sure what is happening on my G4 MDD 1.25. Tiger with 2 G Ram.
>> When I run it, it seems to hang, and does not complete.
>>

> For whatever reason, it takes 2-3 times longer when run in Tiger
> than in
> Panther. Open the Activity Monitor and long as DeLocalizer and find
> are
> running, it's working. BTW, if you still have a Panther volume to boot
> into, you can run it there for all mounted drives if you uncheck the
> "Startup disk only" option.

OK, thanks
  do not have Panther here any longer, so that is not important.
As I let it run for a while, I right click on the icon, and the "not
responding" is there, but not very prominent.
Once or twice, when I go to Finder, then Force Quit, it shows in red,
not responding, other times it does not.
I am going to exit all my open programs and see how that helps, or
does not.
John'