[X4U] Re: RAM/MacBook Pro question

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 22 17:00:15 PDT 2006

On 22 Jun 2006, at 19:27, Zane H. Healy wrote:
> I can't even imagine running a Mac 10.4 system with only 512MB of
> RAM...

My MacBook just arrived this week, and seems pretty usable with 512meg.

Yes, I do get the spinning beachball occasionally, but does it less
frequently than my 2-year-old Powerbook 12" with 768meg and it is
generally faster otherwise. I was actually kinda embarrassed when the
winning eBay bidder turned up to collect and I was showing him
something & the beachball came on,

I intend to upgrade the RAM on the MacBook fairly soon, but since
I'll max it I'm in no hurry for the expense.

Stroller.