[X4U] Hard Freeze Turned Login Screen Pinstripped

LA Licata lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Mon Jul 6 23:20:38 PDT 2009

Have you tried starting up in single user mode, or "open firmware"
mode and reset nvram? Have you reset PRAM?
What was the last application, widget, etc installed?
Might you consider installing 10.5.7 (get the combo version from
apple and install)?
Can you startup from the install disc and run disc utility?