[X4U] Application issue or an OS issue?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 13 21:14:31 PDT 2009

I use Graphic Convertor a *LOT*. I use three features more than
anything else in the application.

The feature hands down that I use the most is "Slide Show". This is
where the problem comes in.

I get a hundred of pictures in email everyday and after the day is
done I go through the pictures using GC slide show(to sort the keep
vs trash).

This where the problem happens. I use GC to delete the pictures I do
not want and I go through the slide show just as fast as I can. After
a about 30 minutes into say 2000 pictures I start having delays (LONG
delays 10-30++ seconds) and then I get the message from the OS (OSX
10.4.11) File is in use and to try and delete again also just before
I see the message I can start feeling delays (of the picture going
into the trash) and eventually it grinds to a halt (GC). If I get out
of GC completely the problem goes away temporarily and when I go back
in its good for say 5 minutes then it is back (spinning beach ball
and long delays deleting pictures.

This seems to have gotten worse when I got into OSX and now it is
just a pain in the a**. I am not on any deadlines per se but what
used to take me an hour is now two or more hours.

I think the only relevant information is that I run 100 percent cpu
busy all the time due to seti and oh yes I have a dual processor.

If there are any more items or questions that I can answer I will be
happy to.

Ed