[BTM] Tungsten won't sync with Desktop

Phil Goodman pgoodman at goodmanconsulting.com
Sat Dec 14 23:55:33 PST 2002

One thing Ben Levy and I found is that we had to actually reinstall the Palm
Desktop 4.0 software that came with the Tungsten T.  I still can't find what
the differences are but there's something on the CD that comes with the
Tungsten T that's different than the previous general release of Palm
Desktop 4.0.

Hope that helps.

--Phil

On 12/14/02 8:45 PM, "Bruce Gerson" <bruce_gerson at mac.com> wrote:

> I bought a Palm Tungsten and an IOGear Bluetooth (no phone yet) adapter
> yesterday and everything sync'ed up fine to the database on a G4 iMac
> (10.2.2).  This morning, I could no longer sync; HotSync on the Palm
> reports the following problem:
>
> "Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by
> another application."
>
> So, I figured I would try it on the PowerBook G4.  It was just recently
> cleanly installed.  Unfortunately, once everything was setup like I had
> on the iMac, I get the same error attempting to HotSync.
>
> I've restarted both the Palm and the PowerBook (G4, 10.2.2).  I've done
> a hard reset on the Palm.  I've started from scratch on the PowerBook.
>
> No other Palm applications are using any of the ports and I don't find
> anything on the PowerBook (since it's been stripped of everything but
> Palm Desktop and Now Contact) using the Bluetooth port.  The devices
> pair up normally.
>
> Am I overlooking something obvious to all of you?
>
> Bruce

Phil Goodman                                http://www.goodmanconsulting.com
Goodman Consulting                                           Los Angeles, CA

Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Apple Consultants Network Advisory Council Member
President, Los Angeles Palm/Portable User Group
FileMaker Solutions Alliance Associate
Officer, FMDiSC (FileMaker Developers in So Cal)