[BTM] Question about the Z600 and the Nokia 6230

Steve Savery steve_s at mac.com
Thu Jun 10 08:27:13 PDT 2004

Thank you Jan, the software looks very interesting (shame about the
limitations until registered). I'll let you and everyone else know how
I get on with it.

The camera is a lot easier to use than my old S55, and I won't miss the
flash. Picture quality is good, for a phone. WAP seems to 'stick'
sometimes and needs a Cancel and Select to load the page (this could be
due to GPRS load on the network though). The screen is a delight. Very
clear and easy to read. The keypad is taking some getting used to, you
have to be firm with it compared with the S55. That said, the keys are
solid and should take a bashing and the thumb joystick is easily used.

Bluetooth is fine, but I have not been able to send a iCal calendar to
it. This could be because I'm doing something wrong. I have been able
to send movie trailers to the 6230 and they are amazing. The bundled
adverts are amusing, but not the best examples that Nokia could've
used.

The 'loud' speaker is a very capable addition to this phone. The tones
are clear, except in the low range where it struggles. But turn down
the volume a notch or two for these tracks and it shines. Being able to
use GarageBand to make my own ringtones is going to be such fun!

If anyone has any specific questions about this phone, please do post
and I'll do my best to answer.

Cheers,

Steve