[P1] Partitioning disk and installing two versions of anOS

patrick fisher patrick.m.fisher at wamu.net
Wed Dec 11 14:35:43 PST 2002

We could live in a Windoze world where DOS hangs around forever. Sure there is
backward compatability. But at a price.

Apple did a pretty painless thing with hte PPC chip. Fairly painless. Then it came
to be that you had to buy a PPC machine to run PPC code that was not fat.

Apple is making a huge change with the past, really severing things, but it is going
to make things a lot better for them, for users, when the code is clean because they
are running all of their machines with motherboard standardizations. They are
simplifying and getting things done.

Sure, I was somewhat unhappy with Jaguar when it first came out. All I could think
was why would they do this or that or not do this or that. Then I really fell in
love with Jag. Things change and there have been some real fundamental changes at
Apple. It's a good thing!

My iBeige 233 ran like a dog on Jag, until I put a new 80 gig hard drive in it. Now
it feels like I have a much faster processor. It snaps to attention.

Patrick