[P1] truth in advertising

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 19:48:19 PST 2002

On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 09:43  PM, B.J. Major wrote:

> "The media, and users, were erroneously led to believe by Apple that
> the
> switchers were for real, people who wrote in telling their stories of
> why
> they switched to Mac. "
>
> That sums it up to me.

It's certainly feasible after all advertising has had actors portraying
doctors, actors with manipulative voices posturing for brokers, real
estate, medicines, etc. And famous football players appear in
automobile ads although I don't see what they to do with the quality of
the car.

Advertising is designed to appeal to the easily led mind and one that
is beaten into submission by constant repetition and perhaps for those
desperately seeking a life. (Man, what a summary.)

---
Just saw 5 people sitting at a table and each talking to someone else
on their self-phones.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com