Dead pixel issue

B.J. Major bjbear71 at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 24 16:30:56 PST 2002

>David has a brand new ibook with a flaw in the display and this is
>*not* a reason for return and exchange?!!
>
>How can that be? Isn't it reasonable to expect something you spend
>that much money on to be perfect for a week or two?

Because Apple (and other laptop manufacturers) have a rule that you
cannot claim a pixel defect unless you have a minumum of 7 pixels dead.

Also, I've learned over the years despite my never having THIS particular
problem with any PowerBook or iBook I've owned that it's not reasonable
to expect a perfect LCD display.  It would be nice if that's the way it
was, but it's not.  It's the nature of the LCD itself and it's actually
quite a miracle of manufacture that there are not many more laptops with
dead pixels on them.

--bj
Like jazz?  Like Brazilian music?  Join Membership Support at:
http://www.bjbear71.com/