Battery life for 1yr old iBook

B.J. Major bjbear71 at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 24 16:40:17 PST 2002

>My machines run 9.2.2 (Tangerine) and 9.1 (Graphite). I played with 10
>on the graphite but ultimately decided that I'm not happy with OS X at
>800x600. Both machines are used for extremely light duty (email, web
>surf, word processing and simple games like Yahtzee).

These are YOUR machines and yet you've preached to myself and others on
this list that there is "absolutely nothing wrong with all the Macs
you've seen running OS X"???!!  If you do not use OS X *yourself* on your
own iBooks, you certainly should have nothing to do with telling someone
that their kernel panic is a "silly" problem.  Do as I say and not as I
do, is that your motto??

Also, web browsing is not "light duty" per se.  Browsers tend to get
bigger and more bloated with each increasing version and they are very
taxing on an operating system (ANY operating system).

For what it's worth to the original poster of this thread, my dual USB
iBook does very well on its battery, but I do not use Airport.  The
batteries, now 11 months old each (I have 2), average at least 4.50 hours
each on a full charge.

--bj
http://www.bjbear71.com/