7300 Grad, iBook Frosh: Eudora Won't Open URLs

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Aug 10 00:47:21 PDT 2003

> From: Fred Stevens K2FRD <K2FRD at stny.rr.com>
> What am I doing wrong or what have I missed? Is it that my Eudora is
> functioning under OS 9.2 while iCab is operating from OS X and won't
> handle the transition?

Yes, that's it exactly.

Here's what to do:

1. Option-click (not double-option-click) on a URL in a Eudora message.
A dialog box will come up prompting you to appoint a default browser
for Eudora.

2. Pick an OS 9-based browser.

>  I really don't want to download the Eudora
> upgrade to 5.2 for OS X (I'm cheap), but will if that's the group's
> consensus.

Uh, dude ... Eudora 5.2 is free (in either "light" or "sponsored"
mode). Go to Eudora.com and read up on how they're handling it these
days. If you have a big screen and can tuck the ad into a corner,
"sponsored" is the way to go.

Or you can just pay for it -- it's well worth the money. Or you can use
Mail, which has really grown on me thanks largely to its Address Book
integration and spam filtering.

PS. Congrats on the iBook!

_Chas_

New at http://filmmoi.blogspot.com -- at last, my review of "Russian