[P1] self-quotes

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 4 08:35:21 PST 2003

On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 05:18  PM, Dave Meilstrup wrote:

> Actually, many people calling for action to deal with Saddam over the
> past 15 years or fewer years *are* or were enlisted or have family
> members who are enlisted. Many have specifically enlisted over the
> last 15 months. I know one personally.

Have you served in the US military?

Where do you get your information about these people?

>  20+ years? What a meaningless and convenient number you choose in
> your "quote". You need a history lesson on the Bath movement. Where do
> you get your misinformation?

Sadam Hussein came to power in 1979, did he not. Unless math has
changed recently, 2002-1979 is 20+ years...  :) Having read the letters
to the editor for many decades, I can assure you that I have reasons
for my statement and that there are no long lines at the enlistment
offices for the writers or their children or grandchildren.

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com