[P1] self-quotes

bofus? bofus at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 4 13:18:17 PST 2003

hi all,

	I know these posts were off-topic to ibook but were very on
topic as to the current climate. I thank these cats for giving voice
to stuff you just won't hear on the ram-rod sideshow stuff most of us
are exposed to. I know it's out of place here maybe but I'm still
glad I got to read it - it gives me hope, a little.

				on both wheels, watt

>Subject: Re: [P1] self-quotes
>Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 05:10:43 -0800
>From: George Slusher <gslusher at rio.com>
>
>[snip]
>
>To me, this is only fair. For many years, the burden of military service
>has fallen disproportionately on the poor, uneducated, and
>minorities--those with the least power. It would also personalize the war
>decision for the President and Congress. I wonder if GW would be as
>anxious to invade Iraq if he knew that his twins would be infantry
>privates in the first landing party?
>
>George Slusher, Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
>Eugene, OR
>gslusher at rio.com

and

>Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:26:47 -0600
>From: John Paul Moore <JohnPaulMoore at austin.rr.com>
>Subject: Re: [P1] self-quotes
>
>At 10:38 AM -0600 1/4/03, Eric B. Richardson wrote:
>>
>>Finally, prior to this 'chicken hawk' had intimations of a pedophile,
>>and using such language towards the president and his cabinet is
>>shameful and reprehensible. The people that coined this term knew
>>what they were doing and now you do too. Hopefully, now that you do,
>>you will stop.
>
>Although this whole thread is way OT, I cannot let this go unchallenged. It
>is by no means "shameful" and definitely not "reprehensible" to call the
>president and any of the cabinet by whatever name fits, and for those who
>are now advocating war but who managed conveniently to dodge their duty as
>Americans during Vietnam, "chickenhawk" is a very good fit indeed. This is
>not shameful behavior; it is instead in the proudest tradition of American
>Democracy, a tradition some of us wore uniforms to defend, to call a spade
>a soiled shovel.
>
>[snip]

mike watt's hoot page:
http://hootpage.com/