[P1] self-quotes

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 4 13:27:33 PST 2003

On 1/4/03 1:58 PM, "J Patrick Draine" <draine at attbi.com> wrote:

> Yow! I joined this list yesterday hoping to find discussions focussed
> on the iBook. I take it there's no moderator on this list? <sigh> Oh
> well ....

These off-topic threads pop up occasionally, and are often entertaining in a
non-iBook kind of way. People on this list definitely do think differently,
particularly from each other. At any rate, the rants go on for a few days,
then subside and we're back on subject.

> In the meantime I'm seriously considering adding an iBook to the
> household's stable of Macs (333 MHz iMac, 500 MHz iMac). Even though
> the local Apple stores are delightful places to briefly try out the
> merchandise, I'm generally a refurb kind of guy.
> I'm considering the refurb 600 MHz (20 gig HD, 128 meg RAM, CD only)
> iBook, approx $799 at smalldog and sometimes the Apple Store.

I've had tons of Macs over the years, desktop and notebook, even going back
to the desktop sized original Mac Portable. I now use the 600 MHz iBook
model you're considering (though mine has the DVD & CD burner drive) and I
honestly think it's the best Mac I've ever owned. And I paid $700 more for
it (new) just 7 months ago than the price you're looking at. My opinion? Go
for it (along with some extra ram, which you can install yourself.)

Brian