[P1] self-quotes

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 4 13:56:05 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 02:54  PM, Eric B. Richardson wrote:

> What I objected to has to do with the term 'chicken hawk' which is
> long term standing slang for a pedophile that is decades old at least.
> The people who appropriated this term for this debate are aware of
> that meaning, and by doing so, implicating our national leaders with
> such connotations, is shameful and reprehensible behavior. I did not
> object to the criticism. If I did, it would be along the lines like
> this:

Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing chickenhawk applied to pedophiles but
dictionary.com agrres with you. However, following some links I find
that books have been published using that term for helicopter pilots in
Vietnam. Like other words, such as redneck (!), various interpretations
exist. It does have an an amusing way of clearly stating an idea.

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com