[P1] iPhoto library max size ?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 12 09:07:44 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 02:41  AM, Peter Nacken wrote:

> Has anyone heard if there is a maximum number of photos that iPhoto
> can deal
> with ? I already got it filled up with over 2500 pics (after roughly 3
> months) and I sometimes think iPhoto gets mad at me ... It acts slow,
> crashes from time to time (even a regular "quit" can take 5 minutes)

Take a look at iView Media Pro. It has a lot of advanced features
missing in iPhoto and may be the next step up for you. You can create
multiple catalogs and have open multiple catalogs rather than being
limited to the one page that iPhoto offers. iView also has a full range
of features.

The feature I like best is using the IMP to sort my photos. I can drag
the thumbnails into a folder and the press the delete key to remove
them from the catalog, eventually sorting all of the photos into unique
folders by topic.

You can always use iPhoto to store just selected photos and use its
special features so its not a matter of a OR b.

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com