[P1] Long file names in OS 9

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 12 09:11:38 PST 2003

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 10:55  AM, Roberto wrote:

> I have to move some hundreds of files from my iceBook (running Mac OS
> X.2)
> to my old Power Mac (running Mac OS 9.1), but unfortunately all these
> files
> feature names too long for Mac OS 9, so I'd have to rename them all,
> shortening their file name somehow.

Before you do this, consider that renaming files may be more than just
confusing when you want to find one to open. Some activities such as a
website you created, a filemaker solution and other types of
applications that look for files by name, may stop working correctly.
In other words, don't immediately delete these files.

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com