IBook query...

Pat D. Stephens patdart at cox-internet.com
Sun Jan 12 09:45:11 PST 2003

I'm outfitting an iBook (an orange clamshell) for a friend, and have
been planning to put her in 9.1, but I like OSX a lot and have had no
problems with it in the three weeks I've had it...so now, I'm
wondering...how slow will that machine be if I put it to X and how much
memory does she need to make it run well?  I think I've read that that
is a problem...any others I should consider?  I like the way Safari
works and I could just transfer everything from my iBook 700 to it,
right?  As a clean install?  She's PC phobic and asked me to put in the
easiest system I could find because she hated the PC she used at
work...never did learn to use it properly and thinks she can a Mac for
email and simple stuff.  So, I really don't want to create problems for
her as I live 4 hours away and will have to troubleshoot it.

Pat