[P1] newbie owner asks "Bug or Feature"

david davidwb at spymac.com
Sat Jan 18 07:08:42 PST 2003

On 1/18/03 8:53 AM, "Charles Broderick" <chasbrod at inreach.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got a new iBook (800Mhz combo model), and I have two questions:

congrats!

> 1) When I sleep the powerbook and take the battery out, it immediately
> shuts down. Is it supposed to do this?

Unfortunately, yes. I too miss the short grace period for swapping
especially now that I am using OS X and no longer get my usual 4 hours on a
battery.

> 2) The battery, even when fully latched in, protrudes about 2mm in the back
> (right by the "button" and indicator lights). In other words, it isn't
> fully flush with the rest of the powerbook at that corner. Is this normal?

Yes. And why the heck it will annoy you I dunno!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by frost.

davidwb at spymac.com