[P1] Mail unexpectedly quits

good-dog at northshore.net good-dog at northshore.net
Mon Jan 20 19:11:49 PST 2003

On Sunday, January 19, 2003, at 06:06 PM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> On Sunday, January 19, 2003, at 11:12  AM, good-dog at northshore.net
> wrote:
>
>> Recently Mail has been unexpectedly quitting on me. It seems to
>> happen when I'm deleting groups of messages at the same time.  One
>> second I've got a string of messages highlighted, maybe 6, and when I
>> press Delete,----<poof!>----Mail quits, giving me the Unexpected Quit
>> message. It doesn't affect anything else.
>
> What version of Mail and what version of X what hardware.
>
> For future reference to everyone, try to include this pertinent
> information.

Whoops, you're right, I forgot some crucial information.  I'm on Jaguar
10.2.3, with Apple Mail 1.2.3 (v551), both running on an ibook 500MHz
dual usb with 640 mb.

Today it's been konking out when I try to forward a particular message.
When I failed at this a couple of times, I copied the text into
TextEdit, thinking I'd attach the document to an email, but then my
TextEdit passed out.

Up til now it's been rock solid.  Do I need to alot more memory to
somethingorother?

Seems mighty strange.

Any clues from anybody?

Mark