[P1] MS Products and other boycotts Was "Keep Internet Explorer or MS products?"

maizychicken maizychicken at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 26 13:26:17 PST 2003

on 1/26/03 2:32 PM, Brian Pearce at bpearce at cloud9.net wrote:

>> True, MS may employ wonderful Mac folks, but Hitler had great
>> designers, too (some of their graphics are great. You can't take away
>> from their design capabilities, but you wouldn't want to hang the
>> stuff in your house, either.)  I agree with your opinion about
>> associating with companies who trade in swill as their common currency
>> of behavior.  Would you shake Mao's hand knowing it was responsible
>> for the murder of over 20 million people if you didn't have to?
>> Freedom of choice is a priceless commodity. Well spoken, Chas.
>
> Without inadvertantly meaning to come to the defense of Microsoft
> (other than the degree to which their business practices are comparable
> to the sort of human suffering inflicted by some of the other examples
> you site), I think your reasoning has gone grazing off a cliff here.
> (Do you hold other corporations whose products or services you purchase
> to the same standards?)
>
> BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net

Let's all put our money where our mouths (and principles) are.......

I thought you might be interested in this Working Families
e-Activist Network e-activism campaign. If you go to
the URL below you can check out what is at stake and
send your own message directly to the relevant decision
makers.

http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/superbowlpizza?rk=hd171151Lpq7W

Take Action: Tell Pizza Hut to hold the Pictsweet mushrooms.

This Super Bowl Sunday, support mushroom workers struggling
for a voice on the job. Tell Pizza Hut not to use Pictsweet
mushrooms until the mushroom grower bargains a contract
that improves working conditions and pay.

Click on the link below for more information
from your union, online activism and benefits.
http://www.unionvoice.org/wfn/join.html

............and while you're at it, don't forget to leave out the Mt. Olive
pickles.