Does the Clock Sleep?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Jul 9 16:21:24 PDT 2003

> From: Signhelpers <mike at signhelpers.com>
>
> It updates shortly after awaking, but what I really want to know is
> whether there's something I can do to make it wake on a schedule to,
> for instance, check email or send a fax. It appears that the only way
> to wake it up with the book closed is to open it. Am I missing
> something obvious or do I have to make it sleep with the book open?

I believe that the iBook dissipates heat via the keyboard, so it cannot
do much of anything with the lid closed other than sleep.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you
want the iBook to "wake" and do things automatically (like answer the
phone for a fax call, for example), the lid needs to be open.

_Chas_

"You see, men are like bras. The really hot looking ones are never very
supportive. The durable, practical ones are mostly boring. They're
almost never big enough, and they're all pinchy. I go through them
quickly, no matter how well I take care of them, and if I find one I
really like I seem to end up wanting two. Free-speech feminist or not,
you know you could use one, but they're all a bit confining, If you get
one so comfortable that you don't know it's there, well, what's the
point? And you always end up hooked. Men are just bras that can drive.
That's Victoria's Secret." -- Liz Langley