SMC7004AWBR

Joyce Ranieri jranieri at twcny.rr.com
Wed Mar 5 18:16:50 PST 2003

I have the SMC Barricade - 7004AWBR -- have been using it for quite a
long time now. I have it connected directly to a Cable Modem -- (Road
Runner) -- on my network I have an iBook with an Airport Card, as well
as three computers connected by ethernet: a new 17" flat-panel iMac, an
old blueberry G3 iMac (400MHz), and a very old Power Mac G3. All work
fine -- I can connect all to the internet with  no problems. The
computers networked via ethernet "see" each other, but will not connect
to the iBook (Airport) connection. The iBook will connect to all other
computers on the network. I figure it's just a problem with my setup,
which I really didn't fool around with very much! For a while, I had a
problem with losing the connection, and we would have to remove power
to the Barricade & then turn it back on -- that doesn't seem to be
happening at all any more. (Maybe a loose wire that we fixed after
repainting the room? Who knows!)

Anyway, for what it's worth, I've been quite happy with the setup.

Joyce