[P1] iBook article in the NYT

Tubadude jmcclernan2 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 5 22:01:28 PST 2003

You know, part of the problem with the heaviness of the books is that the
publishers are sort of dumbing-down the content. They seem to feel that the
students can't learn the material without a lot of colorful pictures,
charts, and diagrams, thereby increasing the page count. I think there is a
lot of padding in the books that doesn't need to be there. I was surprised
at all the extra stuff in my 5th grader's books.
My 2¢
John