[P1] iBook hinge/screen repair

joy joyfreeman at highstream.net
Thu Mar 13 08:11:44 PST 2003

"Luke Hinman" wrote:
> try a place called wegener media. i think that is the correct
spelling it's
> wegener.com i think. good luck (sounds like the ribbon cable for
the screen
> is kaput from the broken hinge. ala, the old wallstreet hinge
problem)...

Thanks, Luke. They do, indeed, have better prices than the other
sources I've found.

Also, thanks to the other list members who have emailed me offlist
with a link to a list of Apple service manuals available online,
but unfortunately, I can't seem to access the links to the
specific iBook manuals I need.

Fortunately, somebody sent me a copy of the "Late 2001" service
manual. I'm disappointed at what it covers, though. It does tell
how to remove the top part of the laptop from the bottom part for
screen replacement but doesn't go into it any further; no doubt
because Apple now handles all such repairs in Texas. I wonder if
the "Dual USB" manual might have more information on disassembly
of the screen?

Thanks again,
Joy