[P1] iBook/500 512MB Chip Wanted

Tom288 at aol.com Tom288 at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 14:40:41 PST 2003

Hi Folks,

I am taking the plunge and have decided to upgrade my 500Mhz iBook to the
full 640MB of RAM.  I currently have 256MB.  Thus, I am looking for a 512MB
chip.  Any recommendations for high value/competitive cost vendors?  My local
Apple dealer can get one for $129, but I thought they were going for under a
$100 these days?

Also, I would like to share a GOOD NEWS story.  On Tuesday I sent in my iBook
to have several classic problems repaired that I have been experiencing....
loose internal power supply, loss of screen picture and airport reception
when the screen is tilted at certain angles, and a combo drive that doesn't
recognize most CDR's.  By FRIDAY I had it back with everything repaired and
replaced.  It even looked cleaned up.  In all honesty it works better than
new.  Great job Apple!

Tom