Copying a CD

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Sat Mar 22 22:25:18 PST 2003

I'm trying to figure out how to make a copy of a CD using my iBook and
Disc Burner.  My Uncle sent me a CD of pictures he took at our wedding
and I want to send copies to our parents.  I have figured out how to
copy the data, then burn it on another disc, but I thought there must
be an easy way to just make an exact duplicate of the disc.  I have a
clamshell iBook with an external burner.  No Toast.  Is this possible
with disc copy (OS X)?   I used to be able to use this with the same
burner on my performa with toast in OS 9 using "SCSI Copy".  There must
be a way to do a direct copy with disc copy in OS X.
Thanks for your help.

David Crump