[P1] Slow Floppy

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Sat Mar 22 23:17:32 PST 2003

> Back in OS 9 it was formatted from the "Special" menu in the Finder.  I
> couldn't find anything like that in OS X.  Only way I could find was in
> Disk Utility.  After all, they don't make floppy drives anymore, so why
> make it that easy to erase them?

Since OS X DOES NOT SUPPORT FLOPPY DISks, it is impossible to format
them in X. That is why you found no options to do that in the menu. If
you want to format floppy disks. you will have to boot into OS 9 and do
all your formatting there. You will also have to do all your copying
from there unless Classic will let you do it from X. I wouldn't count
on that happening because I am not convinced  X will "see" a floppy and
be able to recognize it. If it does, Apple gets a "Mission Impossible"
award for backward compatibility.