a new kind of crash

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Mar 25 22:44:54 PST 2003

> From: David Crump <davecrump at mac.com>
>
> <snip>
> The one you attached isn't particularly hard to decipher. It's telling
> you that the com.apple.driver.ApplePMU preference file is corrupted.
> Locate the file and trash it.
> </snip>
>
> I've done a search for that file, or a reasonable facsimile and there
> doesn't seem to be such a file on my iBook.
> So far my iBook is working better, but I did have another kernel panic
> last night.  Can't figure this one out.

Check the log again. If the same filename comes up again
(com.apple.driver.ApplePMU), then do a search for INVISIBLE files and
see if it turns up.

_Chas_

Lee Gomes of the Wall Street Journal, 24-Jan-03 , commenting on Apple's
growing arsenal of hardware, OS and software that is clearly superior
to anything in the Windows world: "It's like someone forgot to send
them the Resistance is Futile memo."