[P1] the whirring is back! was:new ibook problem...

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Thu May 8 07:04:14 PDT 2003

>yet the AC adapter plug
>turns amber from time to time, that's nothing to worry about.
>
>If your adapter plug is always amber, you either want to reset the power
>manager, or you have a broken plug (like I do: mine's always green, whether
>it's charging or not).
>
>,xtG
>.tsooJ

I remember mine turning amber in the past but it was usually only for a
minute or two. Then when the fan noise began it turned amber everytime
and not change until I rebooted. (I let it run for 45 minutes once to
see if it would stop on it's own.)
So, could it be that the fan was going into hyper-drive and draining the
battery through some sort of malfunctioning 'whoozit'? I know....real
professional sounding, huh?

Fran