[iBook] Old film scanner w/ my iBook

PowerMac 5500 mac2999 at mymacmail.com
Tue Dec 7 18:46:32 PST 2004

Yes, there are USB to SCSI adapters BUT they are limited to usb's slow
speed of 12 mb/s.  Should be OK for a scanner though.  A better idea is
a IEEE-1394 (aka firewire) to SCSI adapter.  This is much faster.  This
is important: are you sure that the device is SCSI.  Many old scanners
used a 25 pin centronics connector for IEEE-1294 (bi-directional
parallel port, used on old wintel machines before usb).  You might want
to find the specs online for your scanner.