[P1] Bumped Mouse and PB 10.3 froze...

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Wed Feb 11 23:00:50 PST 2004

On Feb 11, 2004, at 7:22 PM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> My al 17 was sleeping with the lid closed and I bumped the MS
> Trackball, hitting the key I had set to do the work of the F11 key in
> 10.3. The white light stopped blinking. I repeated this several times
> over several days and sometimes when I opened the lid, it would
> progress to the dialog box for the password. THe last time when I left
> the lid closed for a longer period of time,  it just froze and stayed
> black after I left the lid closed to see if the light would come back
> on.
>
> So, I think this confirms the problem we are experiencing with sleep
> while usb devices are connected or disconnected. Sometimes the mac
> wakes up and sometimes it doesn't requiring a forced shut down by
> holding down the powerkey for more than five seconds.
>
> I don't know if bumping an attached Apple mouse will produce the same
> problem or if it is just limited to the books. This does explain a bit
> about why my Powerbook sometimes won't wake up after sleeping.

I have an AlBook 15" and use a MS Intellimouse Optical. I tried putting
the book to sleep (lid open) and the light on the mouse went off.
Moving the mouse had no effect. I'll try the same thing with the lid
closed, but I doubt that this will make any difference. . . .

I don't have an Apple mouse handy to try it with. I did try putting the
Book to sleep and then hitting the F11 key. It woke up, and then
promptly had a kernel panic. Not sure what that means, but I'm now
engaged in running a few utilities . . .

Regards,

Harry Corsover

     Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
	CyberWize: The Home Business Solution
	Amazing Travel * Health * Tax Benefits
            <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
       <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562