[P1] The Mac Rules

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon Jan 12 23:13:24 PST 2004

Very cool.  But to be picky (midnight and all that :-) ) ,
sounds like it is a Filemaker standalone being used to host
clients, rather than "Filemaker Server"?

I'm waiting for when one can do this from a USB flash drive,
and with actual FMP Server.  Plug in the flash drive to
whatever WLAN computer is convenient, take the server home
in your pocket at night.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> I was somewhat amazed before when I used the Merlin card in my
> Powerbook and my Airport Base station simultaneously for surfing in Mac
> X and VPC Windows XP. Lotsa email, lotsa surfing...  :)
>
> Now, just for the heck of it I established an Airport network on my 12"
> PB and then connected via Airport from my 17" PB. (The hardest part was
> learning to be patient while the 17" did its thing). And, going one
> step further I decided to try copying a Filemaker solution onto my 1
> Gig MicroDrive and connecting it with a SansDisk reader to my 12" (I
> did not have to install drivers) and opening one of the files in shared
> mode as a client/host. Then I opened another copy of FIlemaker on the
> 17" and wondered if I could see FMP as the host over Airport and the
> SansDisk CF+ Card reader.
>
> Yep... Now I am running a Filemaker Server off of a IBM 1 Gig
> MicroDrive over an Airport Extreme Network (no base station).
 . . .