[P1] Panther

B G briang113 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 09:55:45 PST 2004

--- Seeker <bobgir at earthlink.net> wrote:

>     When you say "PPPoE has to be the WAN setting".
> I looked at both the
> Setup and Admin pages but could find no WAN setting,
> however.

Check your firmware, access your router, go to Status,
Firmware version is listed at the top, I think you
need at least 1.44. (1.45.7. is the current) for the
auto renew feature.

If you have 1.44 or better. go to setup. Under WAN
connection type, if you are using "POPoE" or "PPTP"
then there is a keep alive setting. if you are
"static" or "optain an IP automatically" you don't
have it.(in theory you don't need it because every
time your router sends a packet it connects or
reconnects.)

Good luck Brian

=====
Brian