[P1] iBook Repair, Again, and Again and Again!

albookuser at Phreaker.net albookuser at Phreaker.net
Sat May 29 15:03:39 PDT 2004

On 5/29/04 9:22 AM, "Joe Sporleder" <joe at beloit-kansas.com> wrote:

> Your statement in no way minimizes the bad luck I've had with this
> iBook.

And I wasn't trying to - but your characterization of the iBook as sensitive
isn't correct just because you've had problems with it. You could, however,
quite accurately refer to certain models of the white iBook as inadequately
designed.

> I've been a tech person in the Mac world for 10 years, and have
> dealt with a couple of older, slower models of iBooks that have worked
> great, so I'm not ignorant of the world of Mac portables.

Your experience as a tech person or ownership of computers isn't being
questioned.

> More recent
> models of iBooks have had more than their fair share of quality control
> problems. My premise is that the faster you make a machine and the more
> you compact it into a small space, the more chances you have of heat
> related failures.

You could be correct that heat plays a part in certain iBook model ills but
then call it that - don't call it sensitive. Your choice of words and
initial description suggests that the iBook is fragile or susceptible to
user misuse. At least that's how I interpreted it.

In this follow up you are now indicating the problem is one of design or
manufacture - that Apple didn't adequately design the iBook or the
manufacturer didn't follow through on the design. In this regard we are on
the same page.

david