[iBook] Windows Printing (this works, I did it)

Alexandre Leroux alexandreleroux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 06:05:16 PDT 2005

Hi list :-)

I'm trying to print from my iBook to a XP machine (yes, sometimes I
have to deal with these ;-).

I don't want to follow the instructions provided by Mike

On 3/9/05, Mike Cole <colem at twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> http://iharder.sourceforge.net/macosx/winmacprinter/

because it is supposed to work directly in the MacOS X without having
to install Ghoscript and additionnal stuff. Here's where I'm stucked:
The printer is shared on the windows part, I can easily add the
printer in the Mac preferences (10.4.2), however, when I print I get
the following error:
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds...

On the mac side, I tried desactivating the firewall and sharing
everything, it does not work. Anyone as an idea?

Thanks :-)

Alex !