[iBook] New RAM not recognised

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 6 08:03:55 PDT 2005

Bad memory chips are not uncommon, and from what I've occasionally read on
this list, let Crucial know and they'll probably replace it without a
hassle.

My own method, having read so often about bad chips, is to get my best price
online, then go down to CompUSA and challenge them to match it. They usually
do, or at least they come close, then I whip out my PowerBook, open the
package, and install and check the chip right on the spot. Last time I did
this, the first chip didn't work, they went into the back room and got me
another exactly like it, I installed it there, right at the counter, this
one did work, and I went home a happy camper.

Brian