[iBook] Old and New accounts on my Clamshell

Kathryn Antoinette Seth 8patches at frontiernet.net
Tue Mar 7 17:08:13 PST 2006

After buying & receiving my clamshell, I was so eager to use & set it
up to receive and send email, that I plumb forgot to change the other
person's ( short name ), so what it looks like now is: My name _ _ _ _
& so on / the faded out ( short name ) of the other person / my
password + my verified password & the password
hint, as I was reading in the book, ''the missing manual'', it
describes ''editing accounts''-for instance, only administrators can
change an accounts name, & even they Can't change an accounts short
name after the account has been created.
However, I want to re-install Panther, it came with Panther, but also
has O.S.9  which I doubt I'll be using again, if I do this reinstall ,
would these settings stay the same or could I put them in manually and
change that  'D a r n'  short name ?, Just remembered that this name is
also SET for being  the computers name too, as I write this on my other
computer, because when I had written it on that one and sent it,  it
couldn't be sent  (of which I don't know why)  the software update is
installing 7 items Now into the Clamshell. I need some guidance here.
Please ~ !  Thanks.